Monday, March 31, 2008
The Lagna Chart, also known as Rasi Chart, talks about the relative positions of planet for identifying the nature of the planet (benefic/ malefic etc.) and relationship with other planets. For example, a planet 6th, 8th, or 12th from lagna is not good for langa. On the other hand, Chalit chart tells about planet's house position also called planet siginifcation. For example if a planet is in 8th in lagna kundli but in 7th in chalit kundli, it means that you will get the result of 7th house during the dasa period of that planet. Due to being in 8th in lagna chart, the result may be malefic, so it shows problem in marriage.
Assessing house position from Lagna Kundli is not correct. This is the reason we see cuspal chart is being used in KP System for assessing the signification and synthesizing the result with dasa. In case the planets are shifting in Chalit Chart, in dasa period of a planet, it is recommended to predict the result of house with which the planet is associated in Chalit chart and NOT in Lagna chart.
The Chalit chart requires some mathematical calculation and that is the reason it was not very popular. But now with easy availability of computers, it is important that astrologers start using Chalit chart.
Sunday, March 30, 2008
Moon Sign Calculator
Saturday, March 29, 2008
Today is the day when Shri KS Krishnamurti, the man behing KP System (also called Krishnamurti Paddhati), left us on 29th March 1972. This post is my tribute to that genius sole.
Astrology is a vast subject with so many books and systems. I myself have studied few of these systems including Parashari, Jaimini, Western, Lal Kitab and Krishnamurthi Paddhati. With the Internet, it has become easier to keep in touch with the latest research in this field. Shri Sheshadri Iyer, and Gopal Krishna Meena etc. are some names that we see quoted in various magazines and books as genuine researchers. We also see astrologers like BV Raman are regarded as people who revitalized astrology during the dooming period. There are others like Pt. Roop Chand Joshi, creator of Lal Kitab, who also contributed astrology with his fresh thoughts and unique approach. There are few more names that we can add to this list of astrology contributors, though it is not the purpose of this post.
Among all these learned and unique souls, I think that Shri KS Krishnamurti held one very special position. There are various reasons to say that. First of all, he is probably the only astrologer who thought fresh and innovative. Unlike Shri Sheshadri Iyer and lots of other astrologers, who tried to find answers of their questions in existing texts, KSK never feared to experiment and adopt something altogether new and different. He also never feared to use harsh language for the methods that don't work. One another important feature of Shri KSK's teaching is that he taught understanding the mind of 21st century. 21st century mind wanted a method which is well defined in nature and produce results continuously without any ambiguity of application.
I normally fear calling astrology a science because I think that astrology is much beyond the science and cannot be explained using present tools and methods of science. Though I have no fear to say that KP System has tried to bridge the gap between science and astrology. Being a software professional, I personally believe that there will be a time when we will be able to create a software programs which will be able to predict accurately certain aspects of human life. I am able to say this just because we have a system called KP System. I can not think of any other system which can take computerization of predictive astrology to that level.
Another important feature of KSK is that he never claimed that god came in his dream and told the secret of astrology or he has some divine power that helped him. He always emphasized that the practical research is required and that is the only way to improve astrology. He himself shown that approach and also cleared the path for future researches.
The researches like usage of placidus house division system with nirayan zodiac, 249 divisions of zodiac, sub lord, planet gives result of it's nakshatra, KP Horary are amazing contributions by a single person in one single life. Not only he figured these out, he also told use how to use all these collectively in a form of a system. It is not that I am being emotional due to Mahanirvana divas. In fact, these are the thoughts that come in my mind whenever I study astrology. In whatever small I learnt in astrology, based on that I can say that the KP System is the biggest advancement in astrology during a long period.
My tribute to Krishnamurti ji. You have shown light of god to us.
a copy of dhruva nadi may be available with b.v.raman group. you cancontact mrs rajeswari, daughter of late b.v.raman. in thierastrological magzine they had colum called dhruva nadi where they useto write periodically about dhruva nadi.
about saptarishi nadi, is available in chennai museum, which can bexeroxed, it is in tamil in 7 volumes .english version too availablewhich is not complete.
vaidhamadhavam is avilable in mysore library
agatsya nadi can be found in sarasvati mahal of tanzore
sapta rishi nadi if i m not wrong ( which i saw at museum) hashundreds of charts with readings, if ur chart tallys with or nearerto any combination mentioned then that prediction may work to u by 80to 90%. for example mesha lagna has 72 charts.
as a reaserch these charts and predictions may help a lot.bcoz ibelive all nadi granths some where has common link, if we can decodesome ..decoding other gets easier.
as per my limited knowledge i guess working on deva keralam may giveearly success. though dev keralam/chandra kala nadi is not in orderstill it has prediction like for examples if native is born in meshalagna champkam amsha will have particular event in his life atrespective age.or native born in vasudha amsha etcsince devekeralam has its fundamentals hiddens in divisnal charts andcurrently divisinal chart has comparitive good literature available.
there is another nadi available bhrigu nandi nadi written by r.g.raowhich does not have divisinal base but may be a good reaserch stuffbcoz deals with transit. few of its rules (may not all )work verywell are good eye openers. one of them is "karaka transist"
another nadi book is avilable is core of nadi astrology by same authorwhich deals with palmistry too..essence of which is verifying chartwith thumb impression. it divides initially into 12 which in turn aredivided into 108 ..based on 108 navamsha.
with the help of computers we can think of even 1800 finaly 1800*47200 based on varna, 28800 based on tatva and varna and so on in nearfuture ( taking dev keralm as base)
dhurva nadi and devakeralm has lot similarities in them bcoz they arebased on micro divisions which are nothing but micro divisnal chartsas per sjc gurus, deals with higher mental plains, most of signifyingpast karmas,and penalties etc. which can be exellent material forsuggesting remedies copmared to conventional fasting and navagrahashanti.
meena nadi and budha nadi are not strogly based on division but ondasha analysis.they analyzes dasha some time not in accordence withparashari but has enuf for research and fine tuning.
conecpts of yogi avyogi dagdha raasi and unique dasha analysis of sriseshadi iyers has roots in vaidhmadhavam a nadi book available inmysore museum. but some other say it is releted to "shatchalana" ofbudha nadi..there is little contraversy too for taken from someancient muhurta shastra.
meena nadi give importence to deha lord( any bhava lord) and "jeeva"lord ( stellar lord) and any afliction in transit to deha lord orjeeva lord has triggering events.
there are few nadi grantha available which deals with prashna andsingle prashna can predict life time results of entire dynasty orcomunity. i had met one such person long bac whu had predicted withprasha that due to some curse all "females" in dynasty will have lotsof grief. it happened after 8 years...2 of them lost thier husbandand another one do not progeny due to medical complication. he hadpredicted these before thier marriage and i had felt he just wants tosnatch some money as remedial measures.
most popular prsahna nadi is " suka nadi" suka here is refred toparrot in sanskrit if i m not wrong.there is another nadi calledsukha nadi different from suka nadi ..can say of no use.
popular lal kitab has hidden roots in some north indian nadi,conceptslike " bali" ghaat" takkar" sounds strange but has lead.
"raavan samhita" written by ravana as per mythology has a mixture ofall but quite easy to understand compared to nadi grantha has somefine clues of predictions. aurvedic remedial measure mentined inravana samhita has uniqueness.
ravana was greatest astrologer of his time, he was aware of hiddensecrets,power and validity of planatory infuences that why at thetime of birth of "meghanatha" he by power captured all 9 planets andforcefully made all of them to be in lagna bhava against nature suchthat his son be greatest of all chakravortis and be imortal, wellthat was another story due to sweating of shani caused by closenessto sun gave birth to maandi, neglected by ravana which sliped into2nd bhava ..causing a powefull arista yoga sufficients for earlydealth of meghanatha..fact being placemnt of mandi in any bhav is notbad but maandi in 2nd aspecting 8th house of longivity definately mayreduce longivity.
there few books written by bepin beharji, which are actually notancient but are gems. in one of his book he describes pattern ofhoroscope very well,may be away from conventinal astrology but hasgood triggers for reaserch minded people and some base for nadiastrology decoding.
word nadi looks attractive technically may mean some "sookshma"but one of my early teacher had said in south india "naadi" word istermed for "samhita" in north india.
some rare nadi can be found in "tanzore" museum or in sarasvati mahal
nadi grantha which i came acroos, was able to hear from others, justmentioning below
devkeralam, dhruva, agatsya,(shiva) kaak bhujanga, guru naadi,budhanaadi,which makes me to think there may be 9 other like surya nadi,(suryakanal chakra is it derived from surya nadi??)chandra nadi( maybe devakeralam) shani nadi etc meena nadi ( likewise theremay bemesha vrishabha etc 12 nadis) kapila nadi,vashista nadi, suka nadisukha nadi, saptarishi nadi, pushya nadi.
i have truely no idea about kapila nadi vashista nadi and pushya nadi.
anyway ragunathji, my intenstions are not to deviate u from urresearch subject but to paass on just few information.
Monday, March 17, 2008
1. The most important and necessary condition for a planet to give beneficial effect of the D chart is its relative good position from the lagna of that D-chart irrespective of other factors such as being in inimical or debilitated sign or aspect or conjunction with other planets. Thus under this theory primary factor is its position from D-lagna. If the planet be in places other than 3,6,8, and 12 (Dusthanas) it gives good results, its magnitude depending on other factors. But if they are in Dustnanas they always give bad results whatever their other results be.
But there are some exceptions to this:
a)Kuja even in 6th in all D charts does good for he aspects lagna from 6th.
b)Budha even in 8th in D-4 only gives good. Note the general theory of Budha being in 8 as being exceptionally lucky. It is only here and not in other D charts.
c)Shani though in 8 does not kill, is the general say. This holds good only in D-8 chart when Shani is in D-8 lagna and not elsewhere. Thus the above 3 exceptions have to be remembered.
2. Consider both the Rasi chart (D-1) and the divisional chart to weigh an effect. As stated above, position in D chart surpasses that in D-1 chart. Even though a planet is in bad bhava in D-1, he gives good effects of a D chart if he is there in good position from D lagna. Likewise however powerfully and favorably a planet is situated in D-1, if he is in Dustana in the D chart he gives bad effects of that D-chart.
3. Having concluded the good or bad effects as per Rules 1 and 2 above the magnitude of the effect has to be judged from both D-1 and D-charts as follows:
a.If the planet has any kind of Shadbalas [Temporal (Kalaja), Motional (chesta), exaltation (uccha), Directional (Digbala), Declinatory (Ayanabala), or positional (Sthanabala)] in D-chart and favourably situated from its Lagna it gives good effects of a higher magnitude, the more the quantum the more the simultaneous varied strengths. If in addition to this the planet is also powerfully situated in D-1 also excellent results of a superior degree happen.
b.Even a mere ordinary good position in D-chart coupled with strong position in D-1 (though in Dustana in D-1) gives effects of a higher order.
c.But, however strongly and favourably situated in D-1 if the planet be in Dustana in D-chart he does bad to that chart portfolio even if he is exalted or in his own house in that D-chart. All these establish the necessity of a planet being in good positions from the D-lagna to give the good results.
4. A combust or vanquished planet (in planetary fight) in D-1 is of no avail in D chart even if he is well placed and powerfully situated in D- Chart. He will give worst results to that D-effect if he is also badly placed in D-chart. It precisely amounts to dealing with a dead object.
5. If a planet situated favorably in D-chart is debilitated it gives good effect if it attains Neecha Bhanga.
6. Of all the powerful positions the most important are (a) Exaltation (b) Vargottama (c) Own house (d) Digbala. All these have to be applied to all the D-Charts. In this connection remember that a planet situated in the same sign both in D-1 and any other D-Chart must be construed as being in Vargottama with respect to that D chart and the effects of that D-chart read thereon. Unfortunately this aspect is being judged only by Navamsha position. (D-9) when you apply this theory you get convinced.
7. For reasons stated above exaltations in 3,6,8 or 12 in D-Chart are of no avail.
8. See if any of the general Yogas exist in the D-chart. If so gauge the magnitude by their strengths as stated above.
9. The effects of planets in the D chart get modified by conjunction or aspect of other planets in the D chart. Here only the natural benefics and natural malefics are to be taken and not the functional ones. Among benefics, Guru is the only planet to alleviate evil indicated by a planet in bad position in the D-chart. If that Guru is powerfully situated in that D chart his aspect is certainly of effect, but a debilitated Guru cannot be banked upon.
10. The birth Yogi and Avayogi have to be noted here. If the birth Yogi is in a good place in D-chart, he gives yoga to that effect but in a bad position he is lost. Similarly, birth Avayogi in a favorable position in D-chart will create hindrances, anxieties and trouble.
11. Lordship of Bhavas are to be considered only in D-1 and not in D-charts except lord of D-lagna.
12. A debilitated planet in D-Chart though in good position gives bad, if there be no Neecha Bhanga.
13. D-Lagna becoming Vargottama is itself an indication of the effect of that D-Chart going very high provided its lord is well placed there. If he is in Dusthana in such a D-chart, only dreamy effects are felt by the native. In addition to D-lagna being Vargottama, its lord be also likewise or otherwise powerfully and favourably situated in D-chart, he gives excellent results.
14. 3rd and 8th places are deathlike places. A planet in 8th or 3rd in D-chart causes death to that effect. In D-9 to wife, in D-10 to profession. Death may be construed as also severance. A planet in 3rd in D-10 causes retirement from service. Please note the exception of Shani in 1st house in D-8 and Budha in 8th in D-4.
15. 2nd house is said to be a neutral house. A planet in 2nd house in a D-chart also behaves likewise.
16. A planet in 6th house in D-chart in a powerful rasi gives good first and bad later on.
17. It is said in general astrology that the more the number of planets aspecting Lagna, the more powerful the native becomes. The same theory applies to D-chart also.
18. Benefics on either side of Lagna is said to confer Yoga. True even in the case of D-chart. But in such a situation if any malefic joins the benefic, the Yoga gets marred. Similarly, malefics on either side though spoils first, gets better if any benefics joins them. What is said of Lagna holds good with respect to the 7th house too. Here one thing has to be noted. In the case of malefics if they are Birth Yogi or in their own house in D-chart they give modified good effects.
19. Just as the 2nd and the 12th places from the lagna were dealt in point 18, if planets are placed equidistantly from lagna such as 2-12, 3-11, 4-10, 5-9, 6-8, 1-7 they cause effects as stated above depending on their natural benefic or malefic character. This is a special mention of Jaimini known as Sankhya Yoga.
19. In D-12 if moon is with Kethu invariably the native's mother becomes a widow.
20. Planets or bhavas hemmed in between malefics goes bad. Similarly a planet in a D-chart or a D-chart lagna hemmed in between malefics becomes bad.
21.Malefics in 12th, 1st and 2nd houses in a D-chart is not good. Benefics in 12th, 1st and 2nd houses in a D-chart is good.
22. An incident such as marriage day, commencement of profession or fresh undertaking, birth of an issue, etc happening during the period of a planet situated badly in the respective D-chart may not end happily.
23. Accession, election and other positions of conferrable nature are to be read from D-11.
[D11 is Labhamsa (profit & loss) (2 degrees, 8 mins and 11 secs) He gave this quite a lot of importance. For even if one's status is not good a happily situated D11 chart will confer on the native financial felicity tending his balance sheet towards profit side even without the least exertion for the same due to his past good karma. D10 represents earned income, while D11 represents unearned income as patrimony, easy income, side income, lottery, gambling etc. The formation of this chart is peculiar. In all rashis start from Mesha only and go in reverse order. Thus you see that the sign Vrishabha goes without any Amsha as the last eleventh Amsha closes with Mithuna.]
24. Uccha with Neecha or one with his enemy – Not good.
25. Of the 2 planets on either side of lagna or equidistant from D-lagna if one is benefic and the other malefic, then bad results are felt only during the malefic period.
26. A planet, though in the 8th house in D-chart, does not harm if aspected by a powerful Guru.
27. Female horoscope is specially treated by classics confining at least to our Indian womanhood. As marriage and married life is held sacred in India D-9 is held very important for females. If this Navamsha chart is good, all the rest are good.
28. A karaka in bad position in D-8 kills the relative connoted by the karaka. Sun in 8th house in D-8 kills father, Moon - Mother, Shukra -Wife and so on.
29. Any yoga in a D-chart is no doubt operative through out life but is particularly felt during their periods.
30. Even a debilitated planet in good position in a D-chart does good if he is a Yoga Planet.
31. In D-11 the effect of the Bhava occupied by the planet counted from D-lagna happens, one in 7th house causes marriage, in 4th property etc.
32. Parivartana Yoga (mutual exchange of grahas) existing in D-chart has its due effect.
33. What are all said of the planets in D-charts will be felt during their periods.
34. If the lord of the D-lagna is Birth Yogi or Duplicate Yogi he gives Yoga effects even in ordinary position.
35. If the lord of the D-lagna is in Dusthana the result will be bad on or after its Dasha.
36. Karaka in Bhava is bad as per general astrology. How to apply it to D-charts? Karaka in the corresponding D-lagna is bad. Example: If Budha is in lagna in D-24 education gets spoiled. Shukra in D-9 lagna affects the wife. Sun and moon in D-12 lagna affects father and mother respectively. Kuja in D-3 lagna affects the younger co-born and so on.
Sunday, March 16, 2008
Astrology is a complex subject, probably the most difficult and challenging subject given to the mankind. On top of that, thousands of texts are there to confuse the student. Most of these texts doesn’t talk about the methodology of analyzing a chart. I am starting a series where I will try to share some important points that all students of astrology must know. None of these is either researched or invented by me. This is just a collection of few of the important points that I want to share and that I have tested, verified and found proven.
1. Divisions – the Secret of Astrology
In order to predict correctly, you need to use divisions. Various divisions are available. Sage Parashara has proposed Shodashvarga or 16 divisions of Rashi. Brilliant astrologer Shri K S Krishnamurthy has proposed 249 divisions of zodiac based on Vimshottari Dasha system. The research is also going on Nadi Amsa or 150 divisions of the sign. It is said that Nadi astrology extensively uses Nadi Amsa, but the predictive use of the Amsa needs to be discovered.
If you are using Parashahri astrology also called classical astrology or traditional astrology, missing Shodashvarga means missing something very vital and important. There are not many classical astrology books that tell you how to use different Varga charts. “New Techniques of Perditions” by Shri Sheshadri Iyer is one very good book to learn application of Shodashvarga. One of the most respected astrologers of present time, Shri K N Rao also vouches for this book. I believe that he uses the principles given in this book for his Shodashvarga interpretations.
2. Nakshatra Dasha or Rashi Dasha
Sage Parashara has propounded various dasha systems in the most celebrated text of Vedic astrology named Brihat Prarashar Hora Shastra. Some of those dashas are Nakshatra (constellation) based dashas and some others are Rashi (sign) based. For example Vimshottari Dasha, also called Udu Dasa, is a Nakshatra based dasha system whereas Chara dasha is a rashi based dasa. If you are using Nakshatra based dasha, you will be able to correctly time the even only if you will also be using Nakshatra Position of the planets. Merely position of the planets in Rashi will not give you the correct result. It is one of the reasons behind the accuracy of Krishnamurthy Paddhati (KP System). In order to judge the effect of a planet, one need not only judge the position of the planet in the sign but also needs to check the constellation lord of that planet. Shari Sheshadri Iyer used to call Nakshatra lord as Sukshma Lord and Rashi Lord as the Sthoola Lord. According to Krishnamurthy Paddhati, the planet not only gives the results of house occupied and owned but itself but also gives the result of the house owned and occupied by its Nakshatra Lord.
3. How to determine Signification of Planets
All the fundamental 16 charts (Shodashvarga) that we cast in classical astrology including Lagna Chart and Navamnsa Chart cannot be used for checking the house position. These are only for judging the nature and power of the planet. For determining the effects that it will give during its Dasaha period, you need to find out the house position of the planet. Rashi Chart, also called Lagna Chakra, or any other Shodashvarga chart cannot be used for this purpose as these charts just suggest the rashi divisions. You need to use the Bhava Madhya Chakra as proposed by Sripati in order to determine the correct house position of the planet, and hence the house signified by the planet. However KP System proposes Placidus house system for house calculation.