- Varna (for Work compatibility, point allotted - 1)
- Vashya (for Dominance compatibility, point allotted - 2)
- Tara (for Destiny compatibility, point allotted - 3)
- Yoni (for Mentality compatibility, point allotted - 4)
- Graha Maitri (for General compatibility, point allotted - 5)
- Gana (for Guna-level compatibility, point allotted - 6)
- Bhakoota (for Love compatibility, point allotted - 7)
- Nadi (for Health compatibility, point allotted - 8)
The above compatibility is based on the Nakshatra occupied by Moon in proposed husband's and wife's chart. This test takes a deeper look at the compatibility between two – psychological, spiritual, physical and sub-conscious level. As you can see from the above table, Nadi has given the most points and hence regarded as the most important factor by astrologers. The Nadi disagreement between two is also called Nadi Dosha and generally regarded as the strict ‘no’ for the marriage.
There are three different Nadis – Adi (start), Madhya (middle) and Antya (end) and they represent "Prakriti" of an individual that is his/her body constitution. As per Ayurveda there are three different Prakritis, vz Kaph, Vaat and Pita and Adi, Madhya and Antya Nadi are equivalent to that only. The exact Nakshatra based classification is as follows –
Nadi Dosha exists if proposed husband and wife are having same Nadi. Scientifically speaking having same Prakriti means their offspring will be physically weaker. If Nadis of proposed husband and wife are different it is only then marriage is recommended so they may have physically stronger children.
So how important is Nadi dosha in my opinion? I personally don't give much importance to Nadi Dosha as given by astrologers generally . In my opinion overall analyis of horoscope should be given precedence over than Nadi dosha. For example, 5th house represent the children in a horoscope and Jupiter is putrakaraka. An astrologer should analyze the 5th house and putrakaraka of both the charts and if these are strong, there is no need to worry about Nadi dosha. Nadi dosha is a quick method but I think the detailed and more accurate method (horoscope analysis) should be given more importance.
You can check Nadi dosha in your chart using our free astrology softwae www.AstroSage.com.
1. Horoscope Match For Marriage
2. Manglik Dosha Remedies